Waiting on Wednesday (July 25)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. This week's pre-publication "cant-wait-to-read" selection is The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer, #2
Release Date: October 23rd, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Number of Pages: 272

Add to Goodreads

The truth about Mara Dyer's dangerous and mysterious abilities continues to unravel in this gripping sequel to the thrilling "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer." One week after Mara walked into a police station in Miami at the close of "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer," she has been committed to psychiatric treatment for what her parents believe was a mental breakdown. But what seems like a hallucination to everyone else is a chilling reality for Mara. Someone from her past has discovered her strange, deeply disturbing secret and that someone wants her to pay. But when no one believes the truth, Mara is totally helpless. The only person on her side is Noah Shaw, as sexy and handsome as he is loyal and cunning. Noah is the only person who can help Mara--as long as he doesn't get himself killed in the process.
Yes, I know. I wasn't the biggest fan of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, but I feel like the plot for the first book was very good, except it got bogged down by a bad romance (ra ra a a a, roma rom a a), so I have an inch of hope that Hodkin will focus more on the plot in this book than the romance. And, with an ending like the first book's, how could you not want to read this? The Evolution of Mara Dyer could be absolutely awesome - if Hodkin doesn't bog the blog down with a romance again. *crosses fingers*

8 comments :

  1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was freakin awesome, and this one sounds even better. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2850

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked some parts of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, and there were some parts I just really disliked. The plot was great, but I felt the romance completely took over in book one, and the romance between Mara and Noah was not something I was much of a fan of. This one sounds great, though, so hopefully it actually focuses on the plot and not the romance this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this one as well. I was a little confused with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer so I hope it anwsers some questions for me. Great Pick!
    My WoW
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting cover! I haven't heard of this, so I will have to take a look at the first book, but the cover has me hooked!
    Here's My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I _still_ have not read my copy of the first book and really want to. Hopefully I'll have some time next month. Some people seem to love the romance and others hate it. Guess we'll see what side of the coin I'll fall on :-)

    Great pick, lady! <3

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read the first in this series and the sequel is already coming out. Man, I fail.

    I really need to read this series.

    My Post

    ~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! I'm pretty excited for this as well! I really enjoyed the first book!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so many comments to keep up with!

    @Liz: I agree, TUoMD was a bit confusing, but I'm in total love with the ending for it. I need to see what was up with it!

    @Kim: I'd definitely recommend the first book if you don't mind a plot being taken over by a (not very good) romance. Though I would wait until closer to the second book's release date, because the ending of the first book is a massive cliffhanger.

    @Katie: I can't wait to see what you think of it. I was definitely not one of the people who liked the romance, but I did like pretty much everything else. Sadly, we didn't get to see much of everything else, because the romance took up such a huge part in the book.

    @Dani: I definitely recommend it, because it's a pretty cool book when you disregard the romance. I'll try and check out your WoW soon!

    @Brittani: Thanks. I enjoyed the first book, too, but my low rating is due to the large role the romance played in the book. I loved the plot and the ending quite a bit, though. I'll try to check out your WoW soon, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!