Waiting on Wednesday (December 12)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Insomnia by J.R. Johannson.
   Insomnia
J.R. Johannson
Series: The Night Walkers, #1
Release Date: June 8th, 2013
Publisher: Flux
Number of Pages: 360

Add to Goodreads
It’s been four years since I slept, and I suspect it is killing me.

Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp enters the dream of the last person he’s had eye contact with. He spends his nights crushed by other people’s fear and pain, by their disturbing secrets—and Parker can never have dreams of his own. The severe exhaustion is crippling him. If nothing changes, Parker could soon be facing psychosis and even death.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. Parker starts going to bizarre lengths to catch Mia’s eye every day. Everyone at school thinks he’s gone over the edge, even his best friend. And when Mia is threatened by a true stalker, everyone thinks it’s Parker.

Suffering blackouts, Parker begins to wonder if he is turning into someone dangerous. What if the monster stalking Mia is him after all?

I absolutely can't wait to read this one! It sounds so mysterious and creepy, and the cover implies that the book itself is just that (yup, I just judged a book by its cover, 'cause I'm a rebel. Deal with it.). And, adding to that, the synopsis as a quasi-Nightmare on Elm Street vibe going on, and I LOVE Nightmare on Elm Street, and pretty much any other books or movies that use the concept of dreams supernaturally, so I'm in

What are you waiting on? 

Leave a link in the comments!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!