Waiting on Wednesday - Since You've Been Gone

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.


Since You've Been Gone
Morgan Matson
Series: None
Released: May 6th, 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Waited on by: Mel
Add to Goodreads

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough. Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...

I wouldn't say that the reason behind choosing Since You've Been Gone for this week's WoW is only because I adore the author's previous novels. I have read and enjoyed Second Chance Summer and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour--but I kinda want this mainly because every single time I see this cover, it reminds me of this: 

(That's from the movie Pitch Perfect which I have watched way too many times.) 

But everything aside, I do want to read this. I am in this long never-seems-to-be-ending phase of contemporary novels--other genres are just not working at all currently--and Since You've Been Gone seems like the ideal choice. This book could go very, very well. I have my fingers and toes crossed. 

What are you waiting on?

Leave a link in the comments!

3 comments :

  1. I too loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, so can't wait for Matson's latest release, I've seen a lot of praising reviews for it so far too. So here's hoping we both end up loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer so this one is definitely on my list! It seems there have been these bucket list type books lately, but I do like those. The main character taken out of her comfort zone (and it usually involves some hot guy, bonus)...love that! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen this cover once before, but I didn't pay much attention to it. But I finally paid attention to this post and this book sounds utterly awesome! ^_^ I've even added it to my TBR list! :D Thank you! Also, I can't believe I didn't realize the title matches that song lol Love that part in Pitch Perfect! Hope movie #2 is as awesome as the first!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!