Coming Attractions: Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas

Coming Attractions is inspired by The Perpetual Page Turner's Save The Date. Coming Attractions showcases a book that is not released for a while that I've read, and gives you a sneak peek (like a pre-review) as to what I thought about the book, since I can't post the review until closer to the release date.


Top Ten Clues You're Clueless
by Liz Czukas
Series: Standalone
Released on: December 9th, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen
Rating: 3-3.5 stars
Word rating:  Definition of fun
Reviewed by: Mel

Add to Goodreads

Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day

5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market

4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi

3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm

2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)

1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000

Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . .  even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.

Top Five Reasons Why I Adored Top Ten Clues You're Clueless

1) Diverse mix of characters

I absolutely loved the diversity that was in Liz Czukas' latest novel. It's absolutely amazing to watch completely different types of people bond and grow friendships. Sammi was definitely one of my favourite side characters, she's a brick and doesn't let crap get to her. And when I say diverse, I don't only mean diverse in terms of personality, most of them are from different racial backgrounds, so yay! 

2) Awesome main character

Speaking of diverse characters, the main character, Chloe has diabetes. She's rather secretive about it, not because of anything but the fact that she hates people treating her specially because of it. She also happens to be a bit of a clutz--she did crash shopping carts right into a customer's car in the parking lot and her brain seems to always be one step behind her mouth. I absolutely adored Chloe for her flaws and how realistically portrayed she was. 

3) Lists. Allll the lists!

I could absolutely relate to Chloe because she is constantly making lists. And like my friends like to point out constantly, I make 'too many' lists. I don't make as many as Chloe does, but apparently 3 is considered a lot according to my friends. For example: I make one when I'm on the train, for the things I must do for homework. I even write out my schedule if I'm feeling particularly overloaded with homework. Anyhoo, Chloe is obsessed with making lists and I don't know about you but I love lists! There was about one at the start of each chapter. 

4) Cute romance 

I actually expected the romance to have a bigger focus in Top Ten Clues You're Clueless but that's not really the case. Sure, it's there but it wasn't one of the main plot lines like in Ask Again Later. I definitely appreciated it, and when the romance was on the spotlight, so many squeals! I admit there isn't as much banter and swooning like in Ask Again Later, but it was still very sweet and convincing. 

5) A whole lot of fun

Liz Czukas is so far delivering with the amount of fun she has to offer in her novels. This read flew by quickly and I enjoyed every bit of it. It might be a little too dense for some, but it is all about the fun and fluff in these novels. Having running races around in a supermarket and zooming around in shopping carts, anyone? 

2 comments :

  1. you're making this sounds SO CUTE MEL not regretting grabbing it off of EW at all. Especially since there are lists. LISTS are my thing yo (but we can share).

    I cannot wait to read this now! Love the fluff, I do!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this book is as fun as Ask Again Later, totally cute and fluffy! Thanks for the list Mel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!